salvēte, amīcī! Welcome to the Tres Columnae Project, where we will build a joyful learning community together as we learn to
- understand, read, speak, and write Latin, the "immortal language" that built the Roman Empire and continues to influence us to this day
- understand the products, practices, and perspectives of the Romans, and of other cultures who have used Latin to communicate
- make connections and comparisons between Latin and our own languages, and between the Romans and "us"
- see how Latin continues to play a role in the world community today, and even
- create our own, original Latin stories, illustrations, audio, and video clips, and share them with other members of the Tres Columnae Family.
If so, please feel free to
- click here to learn more about our Core Beliefs.
- click here to learn why we say we are joyful
- click here to find out more about the different types of learning we believe in, or here for our beliefs about learning.
- click here to learn why we say we are a community
- click here to learn more about the members of the Tres Columnae Team
Or, if you'd like, please click here to start reading Lectiōnis Prīmae Fabella Prīma (the first little story in the first lesson). Or click on the Stories tab (at the top of the page) to read the "core" stories we've created for you.
Please click here for the "latest and greatest" version of our site, including some brand new stories.